Learn How to Make GIF from Video — Quick Hacks
Social media has made it very easy for people to share their ideas and feelings with each other, more than ever, in the history of mankind. A very convenient way of sharing your ideas that have emerged recently is memes. And, another very popular trend among social media users is using GIFs.
In fact, GIFs are also being utilised in the domain of marketing, nowadays. You can literally find an ocean of GIFs throughout the internet and social media. So, what exactly is a GIF? And, do you want to know how to make GIF from videos, on your own? Then, here you get a vivid insight. Read to know more.
What is a GIF?
Let’s get started with what a GIF exactly is. A GIF (or simply ‘GIF’ or ‘jif’) can be simply called an animated image. GIF is an image format like JPEG or PNG. But, there is something that separates GIF and other image formats — You can use GIF to make still as well as animated images, whereas JPEG and PNG can only be used to create still images.
A very interesting fact worth noting here is that the GIF format was originally intended for making still pictures. But, it so happened that this format can hold many pictures that can be loaded one after the other. All that was needed to be done was to decode the collection of pictures in a specific way. And that is how animated GIFs came into the picture.
Another amazing fact is that the GIF format was first published in the year 1987. And, the last update of this format was back in 1987. So, the GIF format is older than the World Wide Web, even though only by two years. And, it seems that it is getting popular day by day. Now, get to know how to make GIF from video.
How to make GIF from Video with DIY Hacks?
There are various means by which you can make your own animated GIF file. As we have seen, you can make a GIF file with a collection of still images. But, in addition to that, it is also possible to make a GIF file from a video.
In fact, it is very commonly done nowadays. And, it is quite simple, as well. There are online sites, as well as apps that allow you to create GIFs by following a few simple steps. Before moving on with the steps of making a GIF, let us have a look at the apps and sites that you can use to proceed with how to make GIF from video.
The following are the best sites that you can use to make a GIF from a video:
- Giphy Video to GIF Converter Online
- MakeAGIF Online
- EZGIF Video to GIF Converter Online
And, these are the best apps that you can use to make a GIF from a video:
- GIF Maker-GIF Editor (for Android)
- GIFX (for iOS
- Giphy Cam (for both iOS and Android)
Making a GIF from a video
You can make a GIF form your own video by the following simple steps:
- The very first thing you have to do on how to make GIF from video, is obviously to make your own video. But, you must keep in mind that you have to keep it short, between 5 and 10 seconds.
- The very next step is to convert your video into a GIF. Use any of the apps or websites mentioned above for this task. All of these allow you to make GIFs in a few simple steps.
- Typically, it would require you to upload the video, using which you want to make the GIF. And, then wait with patience, it would convert it into a GIF. You can also add filters, stickers, and text in your GIF file.
- After you are finished with the editing, you can download the GIF and voilà! It’s ready to be shared. Some apps and websites likewise allow you to directly share the GIF you have created.
So, by now you know how to make GIFs from video, using simple apps and easy-to-access websites. But, there’s more to the story.
From a video on the internet
You can also make GIFs from videos on the internet such as YouTube videos or videos from any other site. And, it is as simple as making a GIF from your video. Many websites and apps permit you to make GIFs from videos on the internet. You just have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- In case of making GIFs from videos on the internet, you are typically required to copy the URL of the video. Then, you have to paste it in the app or website that you’re using to make the GIF.
- After uploading the URL of the video, comes the editing part. Trim the video and add captions, stickers, or text according to your requirement.
- After you’re satisfied with the editing process, the GIF is ready to be downloaded. As in the case of making GIFs from your own video, you will also get the option to share the GIF directly or embed it on a website.
So, it is quite easy and you can make a GIF from a video. Also, you can make funny GIFs any time and share it on social media.
So, by now you know how to make GIF from videos with ease. You can choose the best suitable path to proceed. But, remember that before downloading any application, verify whether it is from a trusted-party or the website is secured. Don’t wait to try your hand in making GIFs today!